Hey Guys, I recently visited a new establishment in Farmington that claimed to specialize in authentic Texas BBQ.
Happy to say we were not disappointed!
I had the pleasure of sampling their ribs which I was advised by the owner were smoked 7hrs in an on site smoker.
They were so tender which is a definite must for ribs, definitely fell off the bone on contact. The BBQ sauce provided on the tables had just the right amount of sweetness and tang.
I also sampled the brisket which was very well seasoned, smoked for 13 hours and just as tender.
As a side dish I elected the cornbread and baked beans, the latter which reminded me of a slow cooked chili, not your typical sweet Boston baked beans. They were a nice surprise.
The owner hales from San Antonio and this unlikely addition to the Farmington foodie scene appears to be doing well.
Definitely recommend it to all you meat lovers.
Until next time!
http://www.flaggsteadsmokehouse.com
1085 Farmington Ave, Farmington, CT 06032 860-674-6028~860-674-6029
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds good aim, can't wait to try it
jess
Post a Comment